|3||Tbsp||white onion, sliced|
|To taste||salt and ground black pepper|
|1||can||Hunt's Pork & Beans 230g, strained|
|4||pcs||whole eggs, beaten|
- Place eggplants over fire, and grill until charred. Set aside and peel when cool.
- Make the torta filling: Over medium heat, add 1½ tbsp of oil in a medium-sized sauté pan. Sauté garlic and onions, then add tomato paste.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes before adding green peas.
- Pour in strained Hunt's Pork & Beans and mix well into meat mixture. Season with salt and pepper, then simmer for about 30 seconds or until flavors have combined well.
- Assemble torta: Soak each peeled eggplant in beaten egg. Add remaining egg to meat mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add remaining vegetable oil. When oil is hot, add in eggplants.
- Spoon meat and egg mixture on top dividing equally among the three eggplants. Let it settle then flip over to cook through on both sides.
Tip: Top each torta with more Hunt's Pork and Beans to make it extra special. Adjust seasoning if needed.