|½||pc||small red onion, sliced|
|½||pc||medium-sized green bell pepper, cut into strips|
|½||pc||medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into strips|
|1||can||Hunt's Pork & Beans 230g|
|To taste||salt and ground black pepper|
|1||pc||tilapia (about 1k), fried until crisp|
|hot sauce (optional)|
- Over medium heat, sauté onions, green and red bell peppers, and garlic until softened.
- Pour in white vinegar, and simmer for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Add sugar to the mixture, and stir to dissolve.
- Pour in Hunt's Pork & Beans, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust vinegar and sugar depending on desired level of sweetness or sourness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add fried fish, then simmer for another 1 minute. Serve hot.